Hello Beauty Babes!
Spring is here and Summer is like a breakup from a man who doesn’t support your makeup addiction. Fastly approaching, and inevitable!
I’ve been watching to see new trends to report, but one thing is clear, that the metallic lip look has upgraded from temporary fad to long lasting look! I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t get enough!
Recently I’ve been buying some Lime Crime products. I had always heard about this brand but never ventured to try it out. But when I saw a few of their best sellers on Amazon, I was more than ready to give it a go! One of the products I bought was the Lime Crime Diamond Crushers Lip Topper! What I love about Lime Crime is their celebration of the show stopping looks. They took metallic lippies to a whole new level!
First things first (I’m the realest) let me give you the info on these from their website, and amazon.com:
“Get the effect of crushed diamonds on your lips, cheeks and anywhere else with a swipe of a wand. Can be used as highlighter or iridescent lip topper! Weightless water-based formula goes on matte and dries to a smudge-proof finish. Can be worn alone or over liquid matte lipstick without making it run.”
- WATER BASED FORMULA. Diamond Toppers are a brand new line of revolutionary toppers that transform wearers’ lips, eyes, and cheeks into a lustrous light show. This water based formula is lightweight, long-lasting, and loaded with stardust.
- BARELY THERE FEELING. Diamond Crushers will make your iridescent pixie on acid makeup dreams come true without feeling heavy on your skin. They won’t run, smudge, or feel dry and gritty as you send it to the next level.
- PUT IT ANYWHERE. Diamond Crushers will never be an extra. Apply this high sparkle makeup topper over bare lips, liquid lipstick, as a mermaid highlighter on your cheeks and collar bones, or dab some in your brow so you will always be on point
Diamond Crushers come in 10 fun glitter-y shades:
- TRIP – blue/purple shift
- LIT – pink/gold shift
- ACID RAIN – lavender/mint shift
- CHEAP THRILL – cloud pink/blue shift
- CHOKE – sunset/rose shift
- FLUKE – mauve/blue shift
- STRIP – hot pink shift
These were just recently added to their summer 2017 collection!
- CLEOPATRA – blush/gold shift
- BLACK UNICORN – black rainbow shift
- DOPE – cotton candy champagne shift
Here’s what I wish I would have known before buying them:
- They all have a very strong scent, and they all smell different. LIT, smells like strawberry candy (which is really good smelling) however TRIP, smells like blueberry candy (not a favorite, but its tolerable for me) If you’re not into scented makeup near your nose, I’d pass.
- These are not like a metallic liquid lipstick. these are a straight up glitter top coat! I also wish I knew that applying these bare like a lipgloss isn’t gonna work. Some people can attempt it, but for me, it did not turn out well it looked like glitter was smeared on my lips.
- Finally, apply these sparingly!!! Glitter is amazing but is hell to take off so don’t think you can just wipe these off with a dry napkin. Especially because these set onto your lips.
- Finally finally, don’t apply these on dry crusty busty lips. It will be very uncomfortable, and look bad.
- You can wear these under gloss, but pat on the gloss with your finger instead of using the applicator directly. it’ll prevent transfer, and keep the lip topper from shifting
Now, finally, here are some swatches of the two shades I picked up: LIT, and TRIP.
BTW these retail for $18. However these are pretty unique, so you definitely are getting your money’s worth.
LIT has a pink and gold shift and has a strawberry candy scent. This pairs great with so many colors. nudes, all kinds of pinks, berry shades, etc.
I would also be aware that LIT can leave a little bit of a stain after wear.
TRIP is a blue/purple shift with a blueberry candy scent. TRIP is not for the faint of heart! but it is such a cool color to wear it reminded me of Unicorn Tears from Too Faced, but more colorful and sparkly!
In terms of packaging, it’s pretty big but not inconvenient. it’s the same sort of packaging for lip gloss, or a liquid lipstick with the doe-foot applicator
WHOO! Finished! I feel like I put in a TON of stuff but at least now, your well informed, and can blow your money intelligently! Would I recommend this product? yes. What would I rate it? 9/10. mostly because of personal preference like scent, but I would totally recommend this product I think it’s fun, creative, and so cute! You can purchase these online at limecrime.com & smile.amazon.com. Amazon Smile is the same as Amazon but better, because you get to support a charity/cause of your choosing! Right now, my Amazon Smile charity is the ASPCA. Who ever said buying makeup can’t be good for the world???
Alright beauty babes, I’m off to bed (at 7am) and am gonna hit up Ulta tomorrow!
Thanks for reading, and I will see you in my next post! Stay connected with me on Instagram @SageSlays_ Twitter @SageSlays & Snapchat @SageCatherineXO
Stay Fierce & Spread Love! XOXO, Sage Slays 🦄✨❤️